Rosacea, like melasma, can be difficult to control. It presents with 4 major subtypes, with subtype 1,2 & 3 amenable to cosmetic dermatological treatments. Did you know that persons with dark skin can also present with rosacea?
- Rosacea subtype 1 is the typical one seen with facial flushing.
- Subtype 2 is redness associated with acne, and can be found in all skin colors, including dark skin.
- Subtype 3 is related to thickened skin on the nose.
- Subtype 4 is related to eye inflammation. Some persons present with a mixture of subtypes,
Dark skin can also present with rosacea.
Our rosacea treatments rely on multi-modal treatments including:
- Melanopeel mandelic acid protocols & cosmeceuticals, proven best for rosacea & sensitive skin
- Energy-based devices
- Resurfacing chemical peels and laser treatments
- Anti-inflammatory Melanopeel medical facials to repair the skin’s barrier membrane
- Use of powerful rosacea-safe active ingredients from Melanopeel like mandelic acid, tranexamic acid, azelaic acid, niacinamide, and more.